Working At Terry Shields Toyota
At Terry Shields Toyota we value our team members and our philosophy of providing our Guests with high quality products and exceptional service that develops long-standing relationships and a great Guest experience.
We have been a local business, local community supporter, and local employer since 1973. At Terry Shields Toyota we believe it is important to be part of the local community and we are proud to support National and Local events, organisations and charities. To learn more visit our Sponsorship and Community Page here
Working at Terry Shields Toyota provides individuals with both jobs and careers across many business areas from Guest Reception, Sales, Service, Finance and Insurance, Apprenticeships, Vehicle Drivers and Detailers, Technicians, Parts, Administration, Human Resources, Marketing, and Guest Experience. The jobs and careers within car dealerships have evolved.
Code of Conduct
The company’s expectations in terms of behaviour and performance of employees are set out in its Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct forms part of your employment when joining us.
We are here to help all employees reach their full potential and build a career and future with us. We will focus on your needs for growth and development, alongside your drive and motivation, and our talent management strategy.
We will provide you with the encouragement, opportunities, and all the tools you need to succeed. The rest is up to you!
Toyota MyBenefits Programme
- MyToyota Super - You and your partner can join Toyota’s strong superannuation fund.
- myHealth & Wellbeing - You and your family can access Health Insurance cover provided by Medibank.
- my Vehicle - Toyota Network Employee Vehicle Purchase (NEVP) program
- Lunch and Learn Series
- MentorMe Programme
- Company funded lunches
- Pre-Employment medical check-up
- Attendance to Sponsored Company Community Events
- Attendance to Toyota training, and events
- Ongoing company training
- Onsite employee car parking where possible
Automotive Apprentices - Light Vehicle
Be part of the driving force within of one of Sydney’s most experienced and successful vehicle dealerships. Terry Shields Toyota Parramatta has opportunities for 1st year apprentices to join our team from January 2020.
You will be in the process of or already have completed year 12 and able to manage on-the-job and apprenticeship training.
The essential qualities we are seeking of our First Year Apprentices are:
- Enthusiasm and determination to become a qualified technician.
- Possess a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Showing capability to follow instructions and accomplishing tasks.
- Being a team player able to meet deadlines and work to schedules.
- Ability to take on challenges.
- Ability to comply with company policies and procedures.
- Willingness and ability to work safely with tools and machinery.
- Competent English and mathematical abilities.
- Dedicated to providing exceptional customer service.
- Be Energetic, reliable and punctual in your approach.
What we can offer you:
- Ongoing training/mentoring in all aspects of the Light Vehicle Trade including diagnosis, repair and service to improve your technical skills.
- Provide a safe working environment.
- Supply you with a work uniform and
- Offer above award wages, tool allowance plus incentive bonuses.
If you have the above attributes and are keen to become a light vehicle technician, we will be excited to have you on our team.
Invest in your future career with us!
Please submit your application to:
Detailer / Driver
We are seeking an experienced Detailer \ Driver with a passion to prepare pre delivery vehicles to an exceptional standard.
Working from our Girraween and Parramatta locations, your main responsibilities will be to detail the interiors and exteriors of new, luxury and pre-owned vehicles, ready for pre delivery for our Guests. This will include cleaning, polishing and buffing the exteriors of vehicles, cleaning vehicle glass, painting tyres, cleaning and steam cleaning seats, carpets, steam cleaning of engine and under door jams, spraying selected areas under vehicle chassis and report any vehicle anomalies, if detected.
To succeed and be considered for this role, you must be an experienced detailer/driver with an eye for detail, always striving for presentation perfection. Your skills must include experience in buffing new vehicles and holding a current NSW driver’s licence with the ability to drive manual and automatic vehicles.
To provide outstanding service to our Guests; you must be reliable, physically fit, able to work to tight deadlines, possess exceptional attention to detail, be a team player with a mature and positive disposition and a willingness to 'shine' by taking pride with all tasks performed.
If you would like to join our team, please express your interest in this role by clicking the link below
Human Resource Administrator
Apprentice and Trainee Programmes
Our Apprentice and Trainee Program covers our technical area, to our Sales, Service and Parts Departments.
Contact Us to make an Apprentice or Trainee enquiry.
We understand the importance of experiencing work before deciding on a job career, or tertiary education decision.
Contact us to make a work experience enquiry.
Learn More About Us
See and follow us on our social media links below!